A great way to make your clients love you is to do something nice for them unexpectedly. Have you ever gotten an unexpected package in the mail? How did that make you feel? It leaves a lasting impression on someone when you give them a little surprise. It’s a small act that can make a huge difference in your business.
Keep in mind that you don’t want to lose money on this surprise. This isn’t something you should do for a client who gives you $100/month. But, for your clients who give you $500 a month or more, this is a super easy strategy that pays for itself.
So what kind of surprise works well?
Here are six examples of great ways to surprise your clients:
- 1. A wow box. This is something that is unique to your business. It is a box full of branded items like water bottles, pens, and notepads. Make sure it is high-quality things that the client will use.
- 2. Send an edible arrangement. For about $45 you can have a beautiful fruit basket in the shape of flowers hand delivered to your clients.
- 3. Take them out to lunch. Out of the blue, call them up, ask them out to lunch. This gives you the bonus of some quality time with them as well.
- 4. Implement a send out card strategy. You will immediately stand out when you send a card. People don’t send cards anymore. There is a great company call Send Out Cards. You can hire them to send a lovely handwritten card on your behalf.
- 5. Bring in bagels. Have a bunch of bagels delivered to a client’s office in the morning.
- 6. An anticipatory service. Foresee problems, and head them off before they happen. This will show your clients that you are proactive, you care, and you have their best interests in mind.
I run a quarterly relationship review with each one of my long-term clients. This is a great way to provide an anticipatory service. We meet for about an hour and a half with a pre-determined agenda where we only talk about our relationship. We cover, what is working, what isn’t and what we can do to be more successful moving forward.
Homework – Make Your Clients Love You
Here is your homework for this week, put your highest ticket clients on a recurring schedule for relationship reviews and stick to it. Set up an agenda for each one and make sure you are covering any pain points they may have. Over time, if this becomes too much of a burden on you, hire someone else to do it. Regardless, make sure it happens.
If you need some extra support in getting this done, check out my free Facebook group. I would be glad to answer any questions you have if you connect with me there.